All bookings are made with Explore Himalayas registered with the Jammu & Kashmir Tourism department government of India having its registered office at Chokhang complex main Bazaar, Leh , Ladakh. (India)
- On booking a trek / tour with Explore Himalayas you must be able to understand the risks and hazards which are involved. You must be physically and mentally prepared for the same. Any existing medical problems should be mentioned at the time of enquiry so that we can give the necessary guidance before your trip.
- It is mandatory that you are adequately insured for the full duration of your trip and the insurance should cover medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation, helicopter evacuation. All baggage and belongings are entirely at your own risk at all times.
- On confirmation of traveling with us, you will need to send bank transfer for the amount of 25 % of the total cost of the tour - as a trip deposit. Bank details will be sent when trip is finalized.
Balance payment can be done before starting your tour.
(Please note that on payments made by bank transfer, bank charges will have to be borne by the clients)
- Cancellation policy:
15% cancellation fee of the total cost is applicable, if a cancellation is made at least 45 days prior to departure.
25% cancellation fee of the total cost is applicable, when a cancellation is made 15 days prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee of the total cost is applicable, when a cancellation is made 10 days prior to departure.
75% cancellation fee of the total cost is applicable, when a cancellation is made 7 day prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee of the total cost is applicable in case of No Show and last minute cancellation.
(For all the above sectors any domestic airfares will be refundable depending on the type of ticket purchased as per airlines rules)
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realized that last minute or on the spot changes could occur with any kind of travel. The unexpected may happen and adventure holidays unlike regular holidays cannot be taken for granted. Factors like weather, transport difficulty, political instability, changes in rules and policies may cause us to change the itinerary and the same will be informed to the clients should changes have to be made before trip departure. If changes occur once trip begins, the itinerary will be decided by the guide and will be in the best and safest interest of the clients.
- Due to remote area many places do not have the emergency and safety services .You should be prepared to adhere to such conditions though we do try our best to provide the best available at each place.
- Please note that the distances and time taken mentioned in the itinerary are to give you an approximate idea, and the same may vary according to road or weather condition and political scenario.
- In the event of illness, accident, emergency medical evacuation either by foot, vehicle, helicopter or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs lies with the client and should be paid directly.
- Explore Himalayas will not be liable for consequences of weather conditions, flight cancellations, strikes, wars, riots or any untoward incidents. Any extra costs, such as hotel accommodation / flights, that result will be your responsibility and must be paid directly by the client.
- Once a trip begins and should any one return early due to illness or any personal reason, no refund will be given for unutilized services and hotels. Any additional costs incurred due to deviation from the itinerary by the clients will be paid directly by them.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you carry the correct travel documents to enable you to travel to or in Ladakh. These may include but are not limited to, valid passport, flight tickets, correct visa for India and any other requirements that may from time to time be required. For Domestic tourist, you need to carry any identity cards such as Passport, Driving License, Voter i.d., etc. Explore Himalayas will not be responsible for any alterations to travel arrangements that may arise from your failure to travel with the correct documentation. Non arrival in Ladakh or not able to travel in Ladakh due to incorrect documentation will be treated as one’s own negligence and the tour might get cancelled and if so Explore Himalayas won’t held responsible, thus no refund will be given by the company.
- When you book and travel with Explore Himalayas, you accept full responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party to our properties, equipment, staff and vehicles and those of our suppliers. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid to Explore Himalayas upon request. Explore Himalayas reserve the right to terminate your stay or that of any person travelling with you due to threatening behavior, moral turpitude or conduct which in Explore Himalayas’s reasonable opinion justifies termination of your travel arrangements and in the event of such termination no refunds will be given. Explore Himalayas will not be under any obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of your stay being terminated.